Yesterday, Britnee from Mama’s Cold Coffee nominated us for a Sunshine Blogger Award. Big thanks to her for that!
As part of our nomination, Mama’s Cold Coffee left me 11 questions to answer so you can get to know me as a blogger. Here we go.
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I’ve always loved writing and although I’m an introvert, I really enjoy connecting with people online and interacting with them. Meeting other bloggers and connecting with the readers who comment on our blog is one of the best things about the job.
Why did you start blogging?
Too Many Redheads isn’t the first blog I’ve ever run, but it’s been a while. Raising a family and being a dad is something new to me, so I wanted to start a blog to record that journey.
How long have you been blogging?
I started my first blog back in 2009. I’ve had a handful of other blogs since then. Too Many Redheads was launched in late December, 2017, so we’ve still got that shiny new blog smell.
What is your favorite hobby?
I really love cooking for my family. I love working with spices and seasonings and filling a kitchen with delicious smells, and I love sharing that with the people I love. I also really enjoy creative video games like Minecraft where I can build things. That’s probably a holdover from my obsession with Lego as a child.
What inspires/motivates you?
My family. I want bigger and better things for Angela and myself and our children. Every step I make towards bettering myself is a step towards bettering life for all of us.
What is your favorite movie?
Kung Fu Panda, 100%. I could watch that movie a million times. I still need to make Baby and Monster watch it with me.
Top 3 Favorite Bloggers?
Where are you from?
Born and raised in Alabama, USA.
What is your favorite food?
This is a tricky question to ask a foodie fat dude. I could probably name you a dozen things that are my “favorite” food at the moment. I love pizza and lasagna, though.
And coffee, if you count that as a food — given how often I skip meals (bad blogger, bad!) in favor of a big cup of coffee, it counts for me.
What are you most excited for in 2018?
I’m really excited to see where this blog goes. I’ve been totally blown away by the amount of engagement we’ve received, and I’ve met so many great people. I’m hoping we can make the blog profitable over the next year — we made our first Amazon Associated conversion the other day and made a whopping $0.46 USD. That’s not much, but it’s a start.
A tip for new bloggers?
Reach out and connect with other bloggers. There are some great communities online like the Connect & Share FB group and /r/blogging on Reddit.
Twitter is another great place to connect. I’ve started curating a Twitter list for parenting and family bloggers. If you blog about parenting and family, or consider yourself a dad blogger or a mom blogger, send me a message and I’ll add you. You can check out the feed from the list below:
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I picked bloggers I’ve enjoyed interacting with, or ones I want to learn more about. Participation is completely optional, of course.
- OMG It’s A Girl
- Learned By Us
- Mummy’s Whine Club
- Little Conquest
- A Mixed Up Mummy
- A Dad’s Tale
- Coles Crossing
- Oy Boy!
- The Autism Dada
- Raising Royalty
My Questions For My Nominees
- Is the blog I nominated your first blog?
- What do you struggle with as a blogger?
- What’s the best thing to come out of your blogging?
- Who is a blogger you admire and why?
- What’s one app or service that helps you with your blog?
- Do your friends and family know about your blog?
- What’s a secret you’ve never told your blog readers?
- What’s your favorite message you’ve received from a reader?
- What do you enjoy doing when you aren’t blogging?
- What’s something you wish you’d done differently when you started your blog?
- What’s a good book or article about blogging that you’ve read recently?